Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loft help

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
brandonherrer14
622 Views, 6 Replies

Loft help

Hello all

In the file i attached, i wanted to know how to loft it so it is one surface and then thicken it to .3 in

Thank You

Brandon

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi Buddy,

saw your surfaces and sketch.  But, it doesnt really tell me what exactly you want to do.  can you do a pencil sketch or a picture or something to know what you want to do.

Message 3 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: brandonherrer14

I noticed that your first sketch is unconstrained.

I recommend you start here http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/skillsusa%20university.pdf

did you notice all of the error warnings in your browser (yellow triangles), I would start over from scratch.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
brandonherrer14
in reply to: JDMather

Okay i have redone it. This i believe does not have any error messages/traingles. I have attached it to this message.

Message 5 of 7
JDMather

I assume you are still working with this

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/curvy-chair-help/m-p/3454630#M434628

It would have been better to keep this all in one thread.

I would do just a bit differently.

First thing I would do is take a picture looking directly down on the chair and one loooking directly from front.

Place each one of these as images into sketches and then scale the images to the (approximate) size of the chair. (there will be some parallax error - so don't worry about getting perfect)

Then I would do the sketches for the loft.

My sketches would be a bit different than yours, and often it is best to go a bit beyond the finished size and then trim back to the finished size.

Chair.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
brandonherrer14
in reply to: JDMather

I attached the pictures of the top and the front

Tags (3)
Message 7 of 7
JDMather

You need to put those two images into your Inventor file on the first two sketches and figure out how to scale them to actual size (more or less - keep in mind that you can't get this perfect because of parallax error.

I'll let you work on it a bit and then come back and show you how I would do it if you have trouble.

(You might do the Vacuum tutorial in my signature for reference to see an example using images.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report