Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Mesainc1
Message 1 of 3 (646 Views)
Accepted Solution

Loft command giving me problems

646 Views, 2 Replies
01-10-2013 11:40 AM

I am trying to use the loft command to go from Sketch 3 to Sketch 4, but with the output on solid, it gives me this error. "The attempted operation had problems trimming and discarding faces. Try with different inputs."

I am using Inventor 2012 professional. The loft commands I am using are "Join", "Rails" "Solid Output"

It won't work because you multiple loops in each sketch.  If you edit the sketches and changes the inner loops to construction lines, it will work.  You'll get a solid loft and then you can use the shell command to hollow out the inside and maintain your .100" wall thickness.

Valued Contributor
EScales
Message 2 of 3 (633 Views)

Re: Loft command giving me problems

01-10-2013 12:24 PM in reply to: Mesainc1

It won't work because you multiple loops in each sketch.  If you edit the sketches and changes the inner loops to construction lines, it will work.  You'll get a solid loft and then you can use the shell command to hollow out the inside and maintain your .100" wall thickness.

Eric

Please select "Accept as Solution" if this answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Certified Professional
Mesainc1
Message 3 of 3 (626 Views)

Re: Loft command giving me problems

01-10-2013 12:32 PM in reply to: EScales

That worked great. Thank you very much.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.