Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loft Advice

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
SPGMATT
607 Views, 4 Replies

Loft Advice

Im struggling coming up with a loft or sweep to get the design effect I need. Please see on the pic how the profile terminates to a point. Any help or advice would be appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BarryZA
in reply to: SPGMATT

I am a beginner myself, and I am sure someone will come along and give you proper advice, but I'll give it a bash later on.

I'll try a 3d sketch intersect to create the lifted bit, and maybe use split to try to loft bit by bit around that tight corner.

Cheers

Message 3 of 5
blair

Create your round end first, most likely a Revolve to form the end Button. Then create your Sweep from this. You should be able to copy the outer edge of the Button onto the sketch for the profile of the Sweep

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 5
mpatchus

Just a real quick 5 minute attempt, but you can get some ideas from it.

newell.jpg

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 5 of 5
SPGMATT
in reply to: mpatchus

Thanks for your help Mike, I got it  

Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report