Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOCATING TITLE BLOCK IN CORRECT POSITION

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
avaya2012
1654 Views, 6 Replies

LOCATING TITLE BLOCK IN CORRECT POSITION

I am currently updating a title block and it will be wider than the original.  This is going to cause me to move the block.

How do I get it constrained  back into the lower right hand corner?  I wouldnt think this would be this difficult of a thing to accomplish.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi avaya2012,

Depending on the change it will likely automatically update, if not I think this link will answer your question:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Custom-title-block-position/m-p/3506430#M439097

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Curtis,

Can you elaborate on this procedure with set insertion point grip? I am not having any luck.

Message 4 of 7
lesmfunk
in reply to: Anonymous

Is this what you mean?

TitleBlockInsertion.JPG

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: lesmfunk

Not exactly. I had a new custom titleblock, and I was trying to locate it on the drawing in a certain location. This drawing template also did not have a border which seems like the title block has nothing to snap to. I really want the ability to place the title block wherever I want on the drawing.

Message 6 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:
.... I really want the ability to place the title block wherever I want on the drawing.

In that case, I think creating as a Sketched Symbol might be appropriate.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks. I will give that a try.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report