Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOCALISING PARTS??

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
124 Views, 3 Replies

LOCALISING PARTS??

I used inventor when it was first released on the UK market some years ago and I've had experience of inventor only up to version 4. Now I find Inventor is up to Version 10 and I have no idea what improvements have been made (basically as I don't have time to "play" and find out).

I have several very large fabrications that need modelling comprising of hundreds of parts. I do not wish for the parts to be external to the fabrication model (.iam)

Can anyone tell me if there is a way of localizing parts?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Inv doesn't support localised parts.

--
Duncan
"Humour ... is one man shouting gibberish in the face of authority, and proving by fabricated insanity that nothing could be as mad
as what passes for ordinary living."
(Terence 'Spike' Milligan K.B.E., 1918-2002)
www.autodesk.co.uk/inventorjobs

wrote in message news:5178528@discussion.autodesk.com...
I used inventor when it was first released on the UK market some years ago and I've had experience of inventor only up to version 4.
Now I find Inventor is up to Version 10 and I have no idea what improvements have been made (basically as I don't have time to
"play" and find out).

I have several very large fabrications that need modelling comprising of hundreds of parts. I do not wish for the parts to be
external to the fabrication model (.iam)

Can anyone tell me if there is a way of localizing parts?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Hi, and thank you for responding! I had a feeling it wasn't possible,

Regards

Ku
Message 4 of 4
JDMather

In the real world separate parts are separate parts. In the digital world what is the difference between two (or more) files in one folder and one file?
You could derive your assembly into a single part file.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report