Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Help problem PDSU Inventor 2015 (Update 2)

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
gcross
539 Views, 7 Replies

Local Help problem PDSU Inventor 2015 (Update 2)

I get a blank Word document when accessing local help. What might I be doing wrong?

I expanded the help download file to the defult location & set the Options/General Help Options to Local Help.

Gary

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
blair
in reply to: gcross

I thought the Local-Help was a program that extracted and installed a number of HTML files. I don't find the "Local Help" really any faster than on-line version. It was a EXE executable file/programs the last time I checked.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 8
gcross
in reply to: blair

Blair,

The files have been installed under a Local Help folder (see attached).

It's not a quesion of access speed, I need to use local help when I travel using my laptop without a WiFi connection.

I imagine this happens a lot to people on the go.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Gary

Message 4 of 8
blair

Your folder looks just like mine. Try logging in as a different user. A user re-set might be needed.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 8
gcross

Blair,

So I set up a new Windows login account on the laptop as suggested & opened Inventor 2015. When I attempted to open help (having set it to local help in the options/general) I guess windows prompted me for what program I wanted to use to view HTML.

So the the problem was a result of Word having been inadvertently selected on my main account as my HTML file opening program. Inventor was not at fault. Changing the program that reads HTM files to Firefox (probably any browser) solved the problem & now I can vew the local help.

Thanks for leading me in the right direction.

BTW-How's that computer of your's running I've got pretty much the same system if you recall.

Gary

Message 6 of 8
blair

Glad you have your problem solved.

Love the machine, considereing it's now 1 1/2 years old, I can't complain about anything. I wish I had either waited about two weeks longer for the new Nvidia Titan card which was released just after I put it together. It' still rocks for speed without doing any overclocking. I remember you querying me on mine system, how is your running? 

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 8
gcross

My core system is doing good but had a few issues early on like on-off
switch, power supply & Intel SSD going bad. Don't think I'll ever buy from
AVA Direct again.

Thanks again for the help.

Gary
Message 8 of 8
blair

I've pretty much stuck with EVGA products for MoB, graphics card and power supply. Really good warranty and primarly dealing with Newegg. Had issues on one Mob with the RAID controler and SSD drives. Switched to a above-board Adaptec controler and that solved any issues. The last three units are all EVGA components, my office machine, my home machine and my old machine that's about six years old that I gave away is still going strong.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report