Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load line type from Autocad to Inventor 2013

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Mr.Caro
1153 Views, 3 Replies

Load line type from Autocad to Inventor 2013

Hello everyone,

I have tried to load a custom line type from Autocad 2013 to Inventor 2013, through Edit Laver-->Line type -->Other --> Load, but it doesn't appear in the drop-down list. I have read that previous Inventor releases coudn't work with autocad custom or complex line types. Is it still like that?

Thanks in advance,

CARLOS CARO

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
MartinBernat
in reply to: Mr.Caro

Hi Carlos,

have you tried to export the line type to .lin file from Autocad and then open that file in Load Line Types dialog? Your type should then be listed there.

You can also simply create the .lin file, it's a simple text format. For examples you can look in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2015\Compatibility\Support\*.lin

Hope this helps.

Martin Bernat,

Autodesk

Message 3 of 4
Mr.Caro
in reply to: MartinBernat

Hi Martin,

thanks for your response. I have tried a different solutions:

Maybe I am doing something wrong? Or is there another way?

Kind regards,

CARLOS CARO

Message 4 of 4
MartinBernat
in reply to: Mr.Caro

Well, I took a closer look at the code and yes, we DO NOT support loading the complex line types (those with shx fonts etc.).

Looks like your type is complex. If so, I can't help here much. If not send me your .lin file to martin.bernatATautodesk.com and I will take a look.

Martin Bernat

Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report