Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LMTools Utility.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
rickduley
37501 Views, 5 Replies

LMTools Utility.

What is LMTools Utility?

A shortcut has appeared on my desktop.  I have no idea what this thing does or even if I need it (although I cannot find a way to uninstall it).

I have Inventor Pro 2015 - stand alone set-up; no NET of any sort; CC Libraries in disc etc.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CCarreiras
in reply to: rickduley

Hi!

LMtools is one aplication who manage the Network licenses. In your case, if it is a standalone license you dont need this aplication installed.

To uninstall, go to : Control Panel > uninstall programs and search for "Autodesk network license manager". Uninstall it.

After uninstall,  go to "c:\PROGRAMS\Autodesk" and delete the folder "Network License Manager" (The path may not be exactly this one, because it depends the windows version, etc, but you will find the folder easily).

And that's it.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
rickduley
in reply to: CCarreiras

I went to c:\program files\autodesk

No file or folder named "Network Licence Manager".

Maybe the uninstaller uninstalled it?

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
CCarreiras
in reply to: rickduley

Hi!

I think the uninstall doesn't delete the folder. Maybe yes, maybe not.
Verified also in C:\ Program files ?
You can operate a windows search... but in the end, dont worry so much, the application occupy a few Mb and is innocuous.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: CCarreiras

How do we know if it is a stand alone program?

Message 6 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Is it student license?

Student license is stand-alone.

Did you purchase a network license (multiple seats) or did you purchase a stand-alone license?

You can check by going to Help>About Inventor>Product Information

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report