Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing contents of Content Center Library

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
rickduley
808 Views, 9 Replies

Listing contents of Content Center Library

I have the ISO Content Centre Library with Inventor 2015.

How can I obtain a listing of what it contains?

That ISO numbers do not tell me much, and I like to know what I am inserting into an assembly 🙂

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
wimann
in reply to: rickduley

When you place a part from content center, you're able to switch to the "Table View" tab on the top and see all the parameters applied to a part.

CCTABLE.JPG

Hope this helps.

-Will Mann

Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2020
Message 3 of 10
Cadmanto

Rick,

Are you talking about one particular part in the CC?  Or a compiled list of every ISO part in the CC?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 10
rickduley
in reply to: Cadmanto

I would like a list of all parts. I have no idea of what is in the CC.
Message 5 of 10
cbenner
Message 6 of 10
Cadmanto

Chris is right.  Don't know that there is a way.

One thing I can think of that might narrow it down for you would be to create your own CC (see attached) and remove everything except for ISO parts.  Then at least you would have a better idea of the amount.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 7 of 10
cbenner
in reply to: Cadmanto

Message 8 of 10
rickduley
in reply to: cbenner

It's not just HARD!  I think you are being kind here.  Smiley LOL

Orrite!

Let's assume that the items in the ISO CC are on some standardized list - a list that will tell (and, hopefully, show) what each Spec Number refers to.

Does anyone know where that list would be?

Message 9 of 10
wimann

I think what I would suggest, if you really need a full list, is to go through the table that I showed you how to get access to before, select a cell in that table and press ctrl shft A, then ctrl c. Open excell and ctrl v the info into the cells. You'll probably then want to clean up the cells, place some headers, remove what you're not interested in keeping then save it somewhere.

You'd probably gradually build these excel documents which contain a list of what is in each iso content center family. Then once you have as many documents as you need (in other words, you've got all of the iso standard family tables copied into individual excel documents), maybe then you could see about combining them into a single document.

There may be a better way to do this, but I can tell you for sure that even if this isn't the best way, it is a way.

Hope this helps.

-Will Mann

Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2020
Message 10 of 10
rickduley

Quite by chance I found the CC Editor Button on the Manage tab of the Ribbon (not a place you often find me).

_Content_Centre_Editor_Button.jpg

This appears to be the Answer to the Maiden's Prayer (well ... mine, anyway).

_CCE-circlips.jpg

Sorry if my question appeared to ask for something more complicated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report