Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked Parameters Unit Type

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1282 Views, 5 Replies

Linked Parameters Unit Type

Hay,

I try to use linked parameters for .ipt. So, I have data in excell, and I have prepared it for Inventor.

excelll.PNG

But, think is, when bi go to linked parameters - under manage and import excel. Units for all parameters are in mm, and I need in model that this parameters are in degrees.

1parametri.PNG

Can this be solved, so that i use parameters from excel, as degrees in Inventor?

I found out that tihs can be done by adding linked parameters in user parameters, but in that case I don't have assosiativity with excell, in wich i will have different configurations.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
salariua
in reply to: Anonymous

You can use isolate(Original_Parameter;From_Units;To_Units) to change the unit type. In the image bellow I am using the 50 deg value as a mm parameter.

2.png

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
JDMather

I don't see a Units column in you spreadsheet.

If you don't express the units, the mm is assumed.

Excel Units.PNG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 6
Mark_Geurds
in reply to: JDMather

@JDMather I was searching for something similair whilst stumbling upon this thread. My questions is that you stated if you don't assign unit/type than Inventor makes it 'mm'. But the Parameters not defined by OP (Goran) result in 'deg' unit/type. Why is that? and in another thread i found that 'isolate' can help determine undefined parameters.

Message 5 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: Mark_Geurds

@Mark_Geurds 

No Excel file Attached that exhibits this behavior when used in Inventor?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi! The way I understood this worked was that if the table does not specify the unit, it will be default to the length unit in the document. If the missing unit is in the middle of the table, it may carry the last used unit. I don't think there is a way to link the table starting with degree parameters without specifying the deg unit.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report