Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked Drawings

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
JavaLodge
212 Views, 2 Replies

Linked Drawings

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if it's possible to copy a sheet to another drawing, but keep all links to the original.  In essence it would be like deriving a part, except with a drawing, where a child part inherits all its parts from the parent.  The idea is that I want to have one master drawing file with all the sheets in it, but make individual drawing files that I can send to the proper departments.  That way I can have a master drawing file whose changes will trickle down to the individual packets, and individual packets with only the pertinent drawings in them.  Is this possible?  Thanks in advance.

-Ben

EDIT: I am running Windows 7 and Inventor Professional 2015.

cbenner
in reply to: JavaLodge

Hello,

You can copy a drawing sheet to a new drawing set.  If the part in thatr sheet changes, the geometry of the copied sheet will update once it is opened again.  What will not change is any dimensioning, notes or symbols placed on the original, or any view orientaions or placement.  Changes to these will not trickle down to the copies...  at least as far as I know.

Message 3 of 3
JavaLodge
in reply to: cbenner

Thank you, that answers my question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report