Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link to excel file disapperars

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
clasen
182 Views, 0 Replies

Link to excel file disapperars

Hi,

I'm building a suspension assembly and have used parameters linked from an excel dokument to be able to make changes etc without total meltdown with constraints etc.

But, for some reason the link just stops working in some of the parts. It stops update parameters from the excel sheet even though it senses when i save the excel file and inventor want's to update the part. Sometimes it helps to delete all imported parameters and re-open the excel file. Sometimes when I do so name conflicts appears but it works anyway. Just recently, after updating inventor to the latest version some of the parameters in the fx list has become yellow, wasn't yellow before. When I delete the excel parameters the used ones automatically turns into "user parameter" instead and are therefore still in the list, now impossible to delete since you can't delete user parameters. When I re-open the excel file inventor just ignores those parameters who already are in the "user parameter" list, and the part becomes useless and has to be designed from scratch again.

Is there a solution? Is it possible to "repair" a broken link ( or what it is that makes this annoying problem )?

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report