Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lines not hightlighting when selected

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
droopy
289 Views, 5 Replies

Lines not hightlighting when selected

When I select lines when creating a dimension or when I project geometry in drawing view sketches, the lines are not hightlighting (Changing colors). This makes it difficult when there are multiple lines and I am unsure which one I selected.
Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Win 2000
Nvidia 900 XGL

I am using the Autodesk certified driver: 6.14.10.6085.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: droopy

Are they curves? Is your model/geometry parallel to the view? "droopy" wrote in message news:24630654.1098729443072.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > When I select lines when creating a dimension or when I project geometry in drawing view sketches, the lines are not hightlighting (Changing colors). This makes it difficult when there are multiple lines and I am unsure which one I selected. > Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. > > Win 2000 > Nvidia 900 XGL > > I am using the Autodesk certified driver: 6.14.10.6085.
Message 3 of 6
droopy

It is an assembly drawing which I am currently working on. Some are curves, some are straight lines, some are parallel and some aren't.
When turning the visibiility of Tangent lines off, the lines/curves used to highlight (Change color), so that I knew I chose the correct line. They don't anymore. When placing a radius/diameter dimension, the geometry again, does not hightlight to let me know which geometry was choosen. The same goes for straight edges which are parallel to the view.

What gives?

Thanks,
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

By chance, does this have any connection to the coordinate indicator being on or off? -- Regards, --- Leo Laimer Bad Ischl - Austria
Message 5 of 6
droopy

No. I tried it both ways. Thanks for the suggestion though.

The funny thing is, is that everything works fine in the detail views. Its just the base view and section view that none of the lines highlight.
Message 6 of 6
jclemen

I know this thread is a couple years old, but I just stumbled on it because I was having the same problem.

I'm partially colorblind so I couldn't tell when Inventor was highlighting something that I selected (ie dark blue and blue look the same to me. go figure). I didn't realize that I just wasn't seeing it until a coworker told me that it was definitely changing colors.

Changing my color theme to high contrast fixed this problem for me. I hate the color scheme and wish that I could select what colors represent what, but at least I can see what's going on now (I'd really like to have the scheme do red for under defined, blue for fully defined, white for mouse-over, and green for highlighting; would it really be so difficult to allow users to input the colors they want?).

To change your color settings go to the "Tools" part of the ribbon, click "Application Options", click the "Colors" tab and select the color scheme that you like best.

For ease of reading:

Tools > Application Options > Colors > Color Scheme

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report