Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lines do not connect for extrusion

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
connorzwick
3973 Views, 3 Replies

Lines do not connect for extrusion

Hi,

All of a sudden, my line tool in sketch mode does not connect segment to segment and each individual line can be dragged wherever. This also means I cannot extrude any shapes I make because inventor does not realize the series of line segments create a closed shape. This happens across all part files, old and new.

Any ideas? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
connorzwick
in reply to: connorzwick

Additional info: when I try to close a shape, the green dot doesn't come up; it is still the yellow and if I try to close by clicking on another line, it still gives me another segment to place after. I tried reseting settings by clicking on Default Inventor settings in options to no avail...

Message 3 of 4
trumpy81
in reply to: connorzwick

Are you using Inventor 2013?

Click the drop down triangle beside constrain on the ribbon bar, and select Constraint Options. Make sure everything is ticked.

Hopefully that will sort out the problem for you.

Regards
Andy M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors
Message 4 of 4
connorzwick
in reply to: trumpy81

thanks! that worked!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report