Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line weight disappears in views in idw

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
827 Views, 6 Replies

Line weight disappears in views in idw

When dimensioning views on idw my line weights disappear on the view I am dimensioning. The Display Line Weights check box stays checked during this.

The only way to get them to display correctly is to select a line in the view and right click select properties and hit OK.

Anyone else have a better fix for this?

System:

Inventor 2012 Professional SP1

Dell Precision 3500 Intel Xeon W3565 @ 3.20 GHz

12 GB Triple-Channel Memory

AMD/ATI FirePro V7900 2 GB video card

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ampster401
in reply to: Anonymous

if it's the same bug I see in 2011, highlighting the view and moving it slightly will update the line weights.

Message 3 of 7
cwhetten

This happens to me all the time.  It may be a graphics card thing, or maybe it's just a lame Inventor bug.  I decided to stop worrying about it since the line weights have always printed correctly.  My reaction now is, "Oh look, Inventor is doing that thing again.  Huh.  Moving on..."  Smiley Indifferent

Message 4 of 7
SBix26
in reply to: cwhetten

Another possibility: could your 3D motion controller be out of calibration and very slowly moving your drawing?  My line weights all disappear when moving the drawing on the screen, but I don't see this when sitting still.  Re-zero your Space(Whatever), if you have one.

Message 5 of 7
jozef.dubaj
in reply to: SBix26

I confirm that in R2011 line weight is not restored after view dragging (during the drag all lines are same weight). A slight change in zoom will restore them back. I can't reproduce the case with placing dimensions.

The case I confirmed is fixed in upcoming R2012 SP2. I believe it fixes also the other case.

-Jozef

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks all for the replys. It turned out is was my 3D mouse that needed calibrated.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: jozef.dubaj

Well, It's back with Inventor 2012 SP2. Now I don't know what to do cause it is very annoying.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report