Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Not Visible In .IDW

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
SteveFrey
725 Views, 5 Replies

Line Not Visible In .IDW

There are some lines that are not visible in my .IDW.  I have had this before and am wondering why this is happening.  Basically this is a vinyl gasket which is shown in my .iam file.  In my .idw it is not showing although I have not turned off the visiblility of the part.  Does anyone know why this might be happening?  Thank you.

Steve Frey
Inventor 2021
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
HP ZBook 17 G6
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9880H CPU @ 2.30GHz
Memory: 80 GB
NVIDIA Quadro RTX5000
3D Connexion SpaceMouse Wireless
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
stevec781
in reply to: SteveFrey

If you are on 2013 and if that's a FG member then its probably the same bug we are having issues with.  We get FG members that have missing lines, unwanted extensions, flip direction, some just vanish.  It's a mess.

We also just found dimensions in 3D views that are incorrect.  It's so frustrating that my senior designer resigned today - had enough of using Inventor.

Report as a bug and then fix it in autocad.

FG idw error.JPG

dimension error.JPG

Message 3 of 6
Shiva_Sundaram
in reply to: stevec781

Hi,

We at Inventor have not seen this specific issue. You could try rebuilding your FG members and try updating the drawing view again and see if that fixes it. You could also try disabling background updates and see if that fixes your issue (that option can be found on the application options + drawing tab).

The other picture seems to show flat-patterns. Is that a dimension issue?

Would it be possible to share your dataset with us along with steps to reproduce? That would help us identify the issue and see if it's already fixed or something we can fix.

You can email it to me at: sundarsATautodeskDOTcom

-Shiva Sundaram

Inventor Development

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 6
SteveFrey

Ahhh.  The old "Autodesk doesn't know how to fix their own software".  This is becoming more and more common each week. Well I'm not surprised.  Yes, I am using 2013 (my first mistake) and these are all frame generator members.  In fact, all of my work uses the frame generator so what you are saying makes sense.  What do you do now,,,,,,,,,,,Solidworks?

Steve Frey
Inventor 2021
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
HP ZBook 17 G6
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9880H CPU @ 2.30GHz
Memory: 80 GB
NVIDIA Quadro RTX5000
3D Connexion SpaceMouse Wireless
Message 5 of 6
stevec781
in reply to: SteveFrey

Hello Shiva

Both problems have been reported to my VAR and they have the data, and the FG set has been sent to Autodesk,  but I will send direct to you tomorrow when I am back at work.  The flat pattern dims are correct, its the 3D view that has the wrong dim.

Steve

What do I do now?  Definately not Swx -same problems different logo.

Fix the drawings in autocad and go back to 2012 for my next project.

Message 6 of 6
MSD1

In that case why have subscription?  Understood.  Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report