Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line display

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
lukerz
705 Views, 9 Replies

Line display

Hello.

I have a drawing in Inventor 2015 that I assigned the lines to a part as double dash chain.  The part constrained to that part is normal.  The double dash chain line is displayed above the heavier normal line.  I need for the heavier normal line to display.  I have attached an image.  The angle's lines should all display.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
salariua
in reply to: lukerz

Little more details please.

Are you unhappy with the pdf export results? : Change sheet color in Tools / Document Settings / Sheet (tab) / Colors (make it white) and use windows snipping tool to grab a screenshot.

Helps to attach the file for others to try it out.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 3 of 10
lukerz
in reply to: salariua

Salariua,

I am not having an issue with the sheet color.  I thought I did attach an image.  My issue is dealing with a double dash (phantom) line overlapping a visible (normal) line.  I have an existing structure with a guard that will be added for protection.  I have the existing structure as phantom and gray.  The guard that is being added is displayed normal.  One of the line edges of the existing structure is showing over part of the angle that is part of the new guard which will be welded to the existing structure.  Unlike AutoCAD, I can't find a way to send the gray, phantom line to the back.

I hope this gives more information.

Line display issue.jpg

Message 4 of 10
JDMather

I think you will have to override the Properties of the lines.

If there are a lot of them to select you can use layer visibility to temporarily turn off the dark lines and then use window or crossing window selection.

Otherwise select or Ctrl select and right mouse button - Properties....

Overrides.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 10
salariua
in reply to: salariua

Yes, you did attached an image, I was hoping for the idw instead because I can't seem to replicate your problem. Since you send a pdf I was assuming you don't like the way it exports to pdf, I've been having a lot of issues with layers, overlapping geometry, etc.

Have you edited all lines as JD suggested? Select the angle in the browser, right click, properties and reinforce the color, line type and thickness there, see if that does it.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 6 of 10
lukerz
in reply to: JDMather

If I were to overide the properties of the lines of the square tube to black like suggested, I am still dealing with the issue of the leg of the angle no being displayed fully.  The thin line of the square tube's edge still displays over the line  of the egde of the angle leg.  I have attached another image.  Notice the leg of the angle being fully shown?  This is a section view.  The view I am having an issue with is a projected view of the top of the assembly.

Message 7 of 10
JDMather

@LUKERZ wrote:
I am still dealing with the issue of the leg of the angle no being displayed fully. ....

Can your crop your attachements to indicate the area of concern?

Are you using Overlay View?Overlay View.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 8 of 10
swalton

Without files, I am guessing, but...

Is the rectangular tube longer than the the angle iron?  I think that Inventor is calculating that the edge of the tube is closer to the viewer than the edge of the angle iron.  If so, the linetype of the tube edge will always win over the linetype of the angle because the former blocks the view of the latter.

Can you change the BOM type of the tube to reference?  That may force IV to put the angle iron edges in front of the tube edges.

Other possibilities: Shorten the tube or use a section view, not a projected view.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 9 of 10
lukerz
in reply to: JDMather

Line display issue image 3.jpg

Message 10 of 10
lukerz
in reply to: swalton

That was the solution.  I constained the two items flush and the leg of the angle displayed fully.  Thank you very much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report