Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line color in idw

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
dominiek_vanwest
1198 Views, 12 Replies

Line color in idw

Hi,

I would like to have the line color in idw the same as my part color in the assembly instead of black lines. How can i change this?

See attachment for clarification.

Thanks in advance,

Dominiek

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
mcgyvr
in reply to: dominiek_vanwest

There are a few posts on this..

You basically need to map the materials to layers with the appropriate color I believe.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-customization/assign-layers-to-materials/td-p/2871324

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 13
dominiek_vanwest
in reply to: mcgyvr

Both parts have the same material. I just selected another color.

Message 4 of 13
mcgyvr

@dominiek_vanwest wrote:

Both parts have the same material. I just selected another color.

This should do what you want..

http://modthemachine.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/10/changing-drawing-curves-to-match-assembly-color.h...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 5 of 13
dominiek_vanwest

This works.

Thank you!

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

I am working in large assemblies i spend a lot of time coloring the model to make it visually appalling. then when i go to generate the idw's i have to select all the components an go thru the same process again. with my job we use colors to define different components. ex. equipment, duct work, convey pipe, purchased parts, fab parts and so on. there has to be an easier way. doing this manually is to time consuming. i hope i am not the only one doing this, and maybe someone can help. attached is an examplemodel.JPGidw.JPG

Message 7 of 13
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Did you see what the solution to this post was?

Did you try that? 

That macro will go through and quickly perform line color changes in all parts in an assembly to what you have set for them..

Message 8 of 13
SBix26
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I am working in large assemblies i spend a lot of time coloring the model to make it visually appalling. 

You're not doing a very good job of making it appalling. I think it looks rather nice... Smiley Wink

Sam B

Inventor Professional 2017.4
Vault Workgroup 2017.0.3
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
Inventor Certified Professional

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: SBix26

rats. i am so aggravated with the layers in inventor i cant even think straight any more. Autodesk spends so much time and money updating software. and trying to be innovated  or make things easier that they forget about something so simple as layers.

Message 10 of 13
jmenier

I never thought I needed this, but now I need this... I just inserted the scrip into inventor pro 18 and got this error when i tried to run the scrip on an assembly:  Runtime error "13"  Type mismatch

I am far from calling myself a coder, does anyone know if there a line that can be changed to fix this?

thanks.

Construction Engineer
Message 11 of 13
mcgyvr
in reply to: jmenier

@Anonymous wrote:

I never thought I needed this, but now I need this... I just inserted the scrip into inventor pro 18 and got this error when i tried to run the scrip on an assembly:  Runtime error "13"  Type mismatch

I am far from calling myself a coder, does anyone know if there a line that can be changed to fix this?

thanks.

@jmenier That code posted above should be run in the IDW not in the assembly..

And it works just fine for me (Inv 2018)

Message 12 of 13
jmenier

@mcgyvr That worked, thanks!

Construction Engineer
Message 13 of 13
Anonymous

so what did i do wrong?

I.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report