Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limitation on number of rows/columns

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
CAD-One
699 Views, 4 Replies

Limitation on number of rows/columns

Hi,

I am trying to special paste a Excel Table on a IDW. when I copy (Ctrl+C) the table is large, but when special pasted into IDW, the rows and columns are cropped after certain number. Is there a setting to show the entire table?

Whats weird is, when I double click the table after pasting, it does open up in a Excel application & I can see the complete data. But when returned back to inventor it shows the cropped table. Same problem with insert object also. Table getts cropped.

Is there a setting to show the entire table?

C1
Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CAD-One
in reply to: CAD-One

any one else expirence this issue?

C1
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
Message 3 of 5
mcgyvr

@CAD-One wrote:

any one else expirence this issue?

yes. Its supposedly an Mircosoft OLE limitation (or so I've heard over the years..)

You can do a few things..

#1 try paste special instead of inserting the excel object. 

#2 use smaller font in the excel document

#3 break the table up into smaller ones

#4 use inventors table command where you can create a table from an excel table ..sort of...(note there are tons of limitations to this too.. no merging,etc..)

I've written about it a few times here..

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/missing-rows-from-inserted-excel-object/t...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 5
CAD-One
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thanks for sharing the work around. I believe I should split the data into multiple tables.
C1
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
Message 5 of 5
mcgyvr

@CAD-One wrote:
Thanks for sharing the work around. I believe I should split the data into multiple tables.

Try the paste special first..

But yes splitting into multiple tables is the best solution IMO when paste special doesn't work. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report