Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

level of detail

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
stephenson513
232 Views, 2 Replies

level of detail

hi there

please can someone try explain why this happens. I will try to describe what I need help with as best as I can...thanks

ok lets say i have a box with a door......

I have a position view  (MASTER) with the the door closed and another view (DOOR OPEN) with the door open....

Then I have a level of detail (NO DOOR) with the door suppressed....

If I click on LOD ( no door ) and lets say by accident I click on (DOOR OPEN) position...nothing will happen ( for obvious reasons because there is no door to open or close)

Now if I click on ( MASTER) LOD and then click ( MASTER) position, it will bring the box back to the original with the door closed but if I try to click (DOOR OPEN) position then the door has lost that position and just stays shut.

How can I just get it to stay the same way. all Im doing is switching between suppressed views. Im not moving anything yet the door position ends up moving.

I hope its easy to understand....maybe you could make a qucik door on a box and test what Im saying.

Thanks everyone

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mdavis22569
in reply to: stephenson513

Get rid of the LOD and do all of it in view representations and positions ..

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
mrattray
in reply to: stephenson513

Michael is correct, you're not using LOD's for their intended purpose. You should be using a view rep to show no door.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report