Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Level of Detail and iLogic

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
kirchnerb
679 Views, 0 Replies

Level of Detail and iLogic

I been having issues with iLogic caused from Levels of detail and my lack of knowledge about them. I continue to receive errors when running rules in subassemblies. See examples below:

• Error in rule: Updating Parameters, in document: New Roof Assembly (iLogic)

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

• Error in rule: Updating parameters, in document: Skeletal Framework w Truss Filler (iLogic)

• Parameter: Could not find a parameter named "Width_Short_Crossmember" in the component "Roof Support Truss:1".

• Error in rule: Updating parameters, in document: Skeletal Framework w Truss Filler (iLogic)

• Parameter: Could not find a parameter named "Width_Short_Crossmember" in the component "Roof Support Truss:1".

Another error I receive is when I try to link Levels of Detail from subassemblies together in the top level assembly. The error message shown below is what appears:

• Serious Error: Illegal attempt to create identified child transaction inside an unidentified transaction.
  • Error in rule: Updating Parameters, in document: Roof Support Members added (iLogic)

Unspecified error (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004005 (E_FAIL))

If I suppress the rule in which this error refers to the error does go away but my assemblies don’t function correctly.

Model Tree.JPG

Is there any way that I can go back through all my subassemblies and set Levels of Detail so they will be all linked to top assembly without provoking tons of errors from my rules?

Thank you for your time. I will appreciate any help I can get on this problem and topic as a whole.

Ben Kirchner

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums