Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Length in "Frame Generator"

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
emaiolino
1969 Views, 5 Replies

The lengths of the BOM does not match the actual length. Everything was done with the frame generator? It happened to them? any solution?

Longitud_Perfiles2.png

Esteban Maiolino
Titular EMBA Proyectos
Sitio web o nombre del blog
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: emaiolino

Message 3 of 6
emaiolino
in reply to: cbenner

Dear cbenner, good morning. Thank you very much for your reply.

Yes indeed the ends are treated with "Notch". Attached files and assembly parts.

Esteban Maiolino
Titular EMBA Proyectos

Message 4 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: emaiolino

I have noticed in the past that if you use notch without first performing a trim on the frame member, the length value is not always accurate.  I will take a look at your assembly in a while to see what I can see.

Message 5 of 6

I think this is a bit of a common Frame Generator bug with double mitred, and apparently double notched) members. It's the custom iProperty G_L that is the length being reported. If you open the problematic part and turn on the Start Plane and End Plane and measure between them you get 500 mm which is the G_L value.

Question is whether there is a fix for it? There is a macro floating around that reportedly fixes this, but the 2 times I've used it it didn't. iPropWiz does a great job of these members so if you have that you can substitute the IPW custom iProperty got G_L. The 3rd method (and my preferred although it is a dodgy workaround but it gets the work out) is to use the Lengthen/Shorten command to trim the ends back until the longest member side just sticks proud of the member the notch will be made with (see the 2nd picture). It requires a few length edits of the Length/Shorten until you get it somewhere near correct. Thie Length/Shorten directly change the G_L value. Then apply the Notch and the length is good. Not perfect, but workable Smiley Happy

FG_MEMBER_LENGTH.png

FG_MEMBER_LENGTH_2.png

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Message 6 of 6

Escribe texto o la dirección de un sitio web, o bien, traduce un documento.

Traducir del: Español

Dear Brendan Henderson, good morning.

Thank you very much for your reply. I will apply the latter method.

Esteban Maiolino
Titular EMBA Proyectos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report