Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legal applications of education version

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
gsger5
378 Views, 1 Reply

Legal applications of education version

I have Autodesk Inventor Pro student version downloaded on my computer, and am wondering what I'm able to do with my designs.

I would assume I'm not legally allowed to sell the designs themselves that I've created on the student version, but would it be allowed for me to have my products 3D printed and sell the prints for a profit? I haven't the money to buy the full version, but this might be a way to obtain money to do so. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JDMather
in reply to: gsger5

I don't think you will get an Autodesk response to your question.

I am not a lawyer, but I think that would qualify as commercial work and therefore violate the EULA.

(Even non-profit work could qualify as commercial in that lets say you did some design work for your church.  For the church to otherwise have the work done would require them to hire out the job.  The job has commercial value whether you charge for it or not.)  Schools have to have a Commercial License for the design work that they do for themselves, even though they are non-profit (public).  Educational Institutional and Student Licenses are for learning purposes.

You might sign up for Fusion 360 beta (search Google) or download Inventor Fusion http://labs.autodesk.com that do not require student license EULA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report