Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learning Inventor 8

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
127 Views, 8 Replies

Learning Inventor 8

I'm thinking about learning Inventor 8 and I don't feel the three day class offered in my area will be enough for me to become proficient with the software. Even though I've been using AutoCAD for over ten years but have never used Inventor, I feel the investment in at least the student version of this software would be a good idea. I'm just wondering if the student version will have the same functionality as the full version of inventor. I'm aware that an education banner will plot in the margin of printed drawings, which doesn't concern me. As long as all the commands and tools of the professional version are available on the educational version, I'm sure it would be well worth it.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Depending on where you are, Educational Versions require you to be a registered student. If you are not a student, you may want to contact a local Reseller and have them send you a Test Drive booklet. It is a complete working copy of Inventor. I believe that it will run for 30 days. Regards "L Montero" wrote in message news:40857237.607BD4C@llnl.gov... > I'm thinking about learning Inventor 8 and I don't feel the three day > class offered in my area will be enough for me to become proficient with > the software. Even though I've been using AutoCAD for over ten years > but have never used Inventor, I feel the investment in at least the > student version of this software would be a good idea. I'm just > wondering if the student version will have the same functionality as the > full version of inventor. I'm aware that an education banner will plot > in the margin of printed drawings, which doesn't concern me. As long as > all the commands and tools of the professional version are available on > the educational version, I'm sure it would be well worth it. >
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Plus the test drive is free "Mark" wrote in message news:4085738b$1_3@newsprd01... > Depending on where you are, Educational Versions require you to be a > registered student. If you are not a student, you may want to contact a > local Reseller and have them send you a Test Drive booklet. It is a complete > working copy of Inventor. I believe that it will run for 30 days. > > Regards > "L Montero" wrote in message > news:40857237.607BD4C@llnl.gov... > > I'm thinking about learning Inventor 8 and I don't feel the three day > > class offered in my area will be enough for me to become proficient with > > the software. Even though I've been using AutoCAD for over ten years > > but have never used Inventor, I feel the investment in at least the > > student version of this software would be a good idea. I'm just > > wondering if the student version will have the same functionality as the > > full version of inventor. I'm aware that an education banner will plot > > in the margin of printed drawings, which doesn't concern me. As long as > > all the commands and tools of the professional version are available on > > the educational version, I'm sure it would be well worth it. > > > >
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Will work the same.
Message 5 of 9
msklein

try the local Junior collage they may offer classes in inventor. The price will be a lot cheaper and you'll get 10 weeks or so instead of the three day version. I've taken the three day and it worked ok then i had to start configuring my system and setting up formats back in IV5. The class didn't cover format customization and nor did the books. So i ended up taking a class from one of the local JC's, that way i had ten weeks to work thru my configuration but also ended up spending a lot of time helping other students thru the course. I even picked up a couple of things i had missed in the three day class as its fast paced. You should also then be able to get the student version from the school.
msk
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

the ten week class is usually the same range of material as the 3 day class, just slower. depending on how well you absorb info that may be good. Sometimes i send folks out of my 4 day classes with glazed looks from the overwhelming amount of stuff that gets crammed into their skulls "msklein" wrote in message news:5276588.1082498536042.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > try the local Junior collage they may offer classes in inventor. The price will be a lot cheaper and you'll get 10 weeks or so instead of the three day version. I've taken the three day and it worked ok then i had to start configuring my system and setting up formats back in IV5. The class didn't cover format customization and nor did the books. So i ended up taking a class from one of the local JC's, that way i had ten weeks to work thru my configuration but also ended up spending a lot of time helping other students thru the course. I even picked up a couple of things i had missed in the three day class as its fast paced. You should also then be able to get the student version from the school. > msk
Message 7 of 9
msklein

i totally agree with you, but also as someone who is a one seat location, when i had a stupid question i had no one to bounce it off of. Also as i started to use IV i found i had either forgot some things or not understood them as well as i thought. But my biggest reason i ended up grabbing the 10 week over at the JC was for some help on understanding part and drawing properties for my custom title blocks. It took me a while to find out about this group. Also he needed a place to get a student copy and the JC would be perfect for him to do that and as it sounds as if he will be paying for the classes out of pocket it makes the JC even better for him.
msk
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

30 day trial
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?id=3795459&siteID=123112&wac=HYPERLINK%20%20\l
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

That's why some of us... offer free retakes... :) Donovan Cox wrote: >the ten week class is usually the same range of material as the 3 day class, >just slower. depending on how well you absorb info that may be good. >Sometimes i send folks out of my 4 day classes with glazed looks from the >overwhelming amount of stuff that gets crammed into their skulls >"msklein" wrote in message >news:5276588.1082498536042.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > > >>try the local Junior collage they may offer classes in inventor. The >> >> >price will be a lot cheaper and you'll get 10 weeks or so instead of the >three day version. I've taken the three day and it worked ok then i had to >start configuring my system and setting up formats back in IV5. The class >didn't cover format customization and nor did the books. So i ended up >taking a class from one of the local JC's, that way i had ten weeks to work >thru my configuration but also ended up spending a lot of time helping other >students thru the course. I even picked up a couple of things i had missed >in the three day class as its fast paced. You should also then be able to >get the student version from the school. > > >>msk >> >> > > > > -- Dennis Jeffrey Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert Autodesk Product Consulting and Training Omicron Electronics - Center for Design Excellence http://www.design-excellence.com 260-312-6188

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report