Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leader Text - remove extension line from leader

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
iamerm
6450 Views, 5 Replies

Leader Text - remove extension line from leader

Is there a way to remove the extension line from a leader (when using the Leader Text command)?  I'm trying to end up with just text, an arrowhead, & a straight line.  It would look like this:

<---------- TEXT

as opposed to:

TEXT

/

<----------/

(Is that the best diagram ever, or what?)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
iamerm
in reply to: iamerm

Here's one possible solution to my own question in case it helps someone else:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor-General/Insert-an-arrow-into-a-drawing/m-p/4522881#M...

Message 3 of 6
Cadmanto

Thanks for sharing that.  I saw your thread yesterday and didn't get time to respond.

I do what you are talking about all the time in regards to attaching a leader to a balloon.

The problem comes when you need more then one line of text or multiple balloons that need the text.

That is why I created this idea.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Parametric-Quantities-Attached-to-Balloons/idi-p/...

In regards to your initial question, I don't think there is a way to do what you are asking directly other then the method you found.  I know this topic has come up before on this forum.  I want to say that you might possibly be able to change your standard and accomplish this, but I am not sure.

You can always post this as an idea on the forum for the attached link above for this.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 6
StoneGoose

Came across your question when trying to solve a similar problem and have found another solution for myself. In my instance I had created a leader with a few lines of text but the top line was constantly underlined by the leader making it look like they were titles or something.

It looked like this:

xxxxxxx______/

xxxxxxx

xxxxxxx

instead of this:

xxxxxx______/

xxxxxx

xxxxxx

When you have created your leader go to right-click,Properties.

Scrolling down to the bottom of the Properties to the bottom of the "Text" section there are options for Attachment Type, Left Attachnment and Right Attachment. 

You can use the Left/Right Attachment boxes to select an option such as "Middle of top line".

This option will put the end of the leader nearest the text in line with the middle of the top lione of text you have typed, thus the leader will stop at the end of the line. Thus no unsightly underline for the top line of text!

The "Horizontal Landing" can also be adjusted in size or removed in the "Leaders" section of the Properties menu. Hope this helps someone! Smiley Happy

From this:

xxxxxxx__/

xxxxxxx

xxxxxxx

to this:

xxxxxxx /

xxxxxxx

xxxxxxx

Message 5 of 6
iamerm
in reply to: StoneGoose

StoneGoose,

Thanks for your post.  Which version of Inventor are you using?  Where are you right-clicking & hitting properties?

Message 6 of 6
StoneGoose

My apologies! Google brought me here, I'm using AutoCAD 2012 not Inventor.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report