Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leader lines invisible

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
dloganbill
3140 Views, 10 Replies

Leader lines invisible

Recently upgraded to 2014 and now anytime I add leaders to a point inside a view, the leader disappears.  If I move the start point to the outer extremity, then it shows up fine.  Any thoughts?

Intel i7-3930K 3.2 GHz; 32 GB RAM; GeForce GTX 680; SSD
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
blair
in reply to: dloganbill

Other than check you are on the most current Microsoft certified graphics card for your system. Works fine on my home machine using the default IV template that ships with IV2014.

Capture1.JPG

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 11
dloganbill
in reply to: blair

I updated my driver to 320.00 and still have the same problem.  

However, now I see that it is doing it for all lines (leaders, dimensions, ordinate set)

I've tried using the default styles as well as some custom ones.

Any other ideas, my coworker next to me doesn't have this issue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 11
blair

If you have any other issues, I might start thinking problems with the install.

You did follow the install procedure

1.) Admin Priv

2.) UAC slider set to lowest position

3.) Depending on A/V may need to stop the Anti-Virus (some problems with Norton, we use AVG without any install problems)

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 11
dloganbill

No other issues so far.

I have admin privilages.  Didn't mess with UAC or A/V (Symantec Endpoint Protection).  But neither did my coworker.

Message 6 of 11
blair

In the Application Options>Hardware: try changing the setting from either Quality to Performance. Even try the Compatible mode.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 11
t_hutns

Hello,

One of the possible reason can be that leader lines are clipped by some texts, text clipping around hatches and dimensions was implemented in 2013. See the wiki help:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2013/Help/0000-What_s_N0/0001-What_s_N1/0058-Drawing58/006...

So please check whether there are some text boxes that overlap leader lines in your drawing. If this not the case of text clipping please post here some simple drawing with reproducible problem and we will take a look at this.

Thanks

Stanislav Hutnan

Inventor Development

Autodesk

Message 8 of 11
dloganbill
in reply to: t_hutns

I figured it out.  I had a text box that was as large as the view.  Is there a way to turn this "feature" off?  It makes no sense to clip the whole text box.  It should only clip around the text, not the entire text box.

A stupid workaround is to add all the dimensions and leaders and then center the text box over the view afterwards.  But as soon as a dimension is added or changed, they all get clipped again.

Message 9 of 11
t_hutns

Hello,

I’m sorry, but there is no option to turn the text box clipping off. I understand that using whole text box instead of real text area for clipping can cause problems. I will check with development here whether we can consider some changes in this behavior.

There are already similar requests in IdeaStation, you can give Kudos them for now…

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Text-box-in-drawing-hides-dimension-lines/idi-p/3...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Fix-the-2013-Text-Box/idi-p/3748326

Thank you for your input

Stanislav Hutnan

Inventor Development

Autodesk

Message 10 of 11
bmullins
in reply to: t_hutns

This is incredibly frustating. Please fix this. Perhaps a "right click -> order -> send to front/back, fwd, bkwd" option? That would be very intuitive for any Windows user.

As an ugly, brute force, work-around, you may be able to divide your text into separate boxes. It probably won't work for every scenario, but it worked for me.

BEFORE.jpg

AFTER.jpg

Message 11 of 11
bmullins
in reply to: bmullins

Here's a better, potentially more universal, work-around: create a draft view and put your notes in a sketch in that draft view.

http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2012/08/text-clipping-of-annotations-in-2013.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report