Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layers and Objects Import Options dialog box

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
sheriff12
200 Views, 0 Replies

Layers and Objects Import Options dialog box

I am working on the Inventor 2014 tutorial "Create parts from DWG files". Part 1 says, set active project to tutorial_files, which I did. Then I clicked the NEW icon, and clicked the ENGLISH folder, then double - clicked the Standard (in) .ipt template. The part is supposed to open in Sketch Mode, but it doesn't, there is no sketch tab at the top of the ribbon. The next instruction says to click the Sketch tab>Insert panel>ACAD, but since there is no sketch tab present I can't do this step. If I expand the origin folder in the browser and click the XY Plane and then click sketch 2D, I can get a Sketch tab. But, if I click Sketch tab > Insert panel > ACAD and select eBox2.dwg and click open the Layers and Objects Import Options doesn't open. Instead, the Import Destination Options dialog opens. Therefore I can't remove the check marks in the Selective Import field as the instructions direct. I have tried reinstall a few times without any results in fixing the problem. My O/S is Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with an nVidea GTX570 card, so I don't think my components are causing the problem. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report