Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

layers and material

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
METZ150MX
608 Views, 5 Replies

layers and material

i was wondering if there is anyway to assign a layer to each type of material used so that i can have the material shown in different colors on my drawings?

thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
METZ150MX
in reply to: METZ150MX

so i guess this can not be done???

Message 3 of 6
mcgyvr

no not really.. Well you can do all sorts of things but in general its not worth the time/effort.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 6
Lirforest

Hey,

was searching for the same stuff, found only this: 

You can apply hatch type by assigning material in assembly (but your project must contain only single body details)

and afterwards change hatches via material in Style and Standard Editor/Standart/Default Standard/Material Hatch Pattern Defaults - setting it to Style Library - and assigning different hatches to materials, used in your assembly.

But it leaves you to setting color of details separately, also line thickness.  

Message 5 of 6
Lirforest
in reply to: mcgyvr

That is not entirely true: worth or not is often not for us to decide - for me, I work with multiple materials, that has fixed thickness (interior design & carpentry). Workshop employee demand that details should be colorised differently according to material, thus easier to separate them in assembly plot. 

Message 6 of 6
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Lirforest

Hi! Just to share a workflow, AutoCAD is very good at this type of drafting workflows. If you have access to AutoCAD, you can create associative drawing views of Inventor components in AutoCAD (VIEWBASE). Then you can leverage all the drafting tools there. When the Inventor model changes, the drawing views will update.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report