Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last two dimensions on a profile to be revolved

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
115 Views, 3 Replies

Last two dimensions on a profile to be revolved

Can anyone tell me the last 2 dimensions on a revolved part. Its just that i like to know for sure that everything in a sketch is fully constrained. -- James Robertson (MEDIA MANGER) Zeroth Technology Ltd Unit 11 Blackburn Ind Est Kinellar Aberdeenshire AB21 0RX TEL: +44(0)1224 790330 FAX: +44(0)1224 790430 www.zertech.com
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If you're wondering why a seemingly fully constrained sketch lists 2 remaining constraints, it's because the sketch needs a Fix constraint somewhere, or needs to be dimensioned or constrained to something at a fixed location such as a projected center point or axis. While it may be fully internally constrained, the whole sketch is still "floating." "James Robertson" wrote in message news:41deaa49$1_1@newsprd01... > Can anyone tell me the last 2 dimensions on a revolved part. > > Its just that i like to know for sure that everything in a sketch is fully > constrained. > > -- > James Robertson (MEDIA MANGER) > > Zeroth Technology Ltd > Unit 11 Blackburn Ind Est > Kinellar > Aberdeenshire > AB21 0RX > > TEL: +44(0)1224 790330 > FAX: +44(0)1224 790430 > > www.zertech.com > >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

If you did not constrain part of your sketch to the origin, it would be the distance from the origin. James Robertson wrote: > Can anyone tell me the last 2 dimensions on a revolved part. > > Its just that i like to know for sure that everything in a sketch is fully > constrained. > -- Hal Gwin Mechanical Designer Xenogen R9 Pro SP2 XP Pro SP2 Dell Precision 650 Dual 2.66 GHz Xeon 1.5 GB DDR Quadro4 900 XGL nVidia 6.14.10.6176 w/registry update Dell UltraSharp 19" LCD
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Try clicking-hold drag on an entity or endpoint in your sketch. It if moves it is not fully constrained. As the others noted make the Center point visible and project it to your sketch. You can drag an endpoint of your sketch to this point to make the two points co-incident.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report