Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large Assembly trimming down?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
359 Views, 5 Replies

Large Assembly trimming down?

I have a large assembly. I would like to send it, (or part of it), to a vendor. The vendor only needs to see the work envelope he has available to him for installing his components. I don't want to send him the entire file with all the detail. I tried a "Derived Part" but the computer crashes/hangs when attempting. Is it possible to do a "shrink wrap" of individual files, and use them to create another assembly? That seems like more work. Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey there

You could try creating a LOD with the components you require and creating a DWF file for that LOD.

Message 3 of 6
japike

I use the derived part method and seldom have an issue, and I have a severly underpowered 32 bit computer with only 2 gig of ram.  What are the steps you are using when you try to make the derived part?

Peace,
Jeff
Inventor 2022
Message 4 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: japike

F1..."shrinkwrap assemblies"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I have been using the "shrinkwrap" feature. It seems to work well, although the finish IPT looks more like a surface model? The file size was cut in half.

Message 6 of 6
mcgyvr

The shrinkwrap tool has many options. (having surfaces or not is one of those I believe)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report