Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of Kudos makes me sad...

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
mcgyvr
912 Views, 12 Replies

Lack of Kudos makes me sad...

Scanning down the list of posts and seeing all the "0" in the kudos column makes me sad... Does no one say thanks anymore? How rude 🙂

Autodesk please replace that column with something happy (and useful) before I have to start taking pills for this depression. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
in reply to: mcgyvr

help me and i may kudo xD
Message 3 of 13
blair

Please don't take the honorable way out and perform Seppuku with your 3-d motion controller 🙂

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 13
cwhetten

It appears that the only kudos displayed in that column are the ones given to the first post in a thread.  So, if someone replies to a question with a good solution that gets lots of kudos, they won't show up in the column.  From what I have seen, most people (including me) don't give kudos to a question or problem description (the usual content of an initial post), but rather to subsequent posts that offer a solution or otherwise helpful advice.

In my opinion, the new kudos column doesn't provide any useful information.  It should at least show the total kudos for a thread, not just the first post.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Message 5 of 13
pcrawley
in reply to: cwhetten

Maybe if kudos counted for something - maybe $50 off next years subscription for every kudos point earned!

I'm sure I could drum up some votes... my mum, my brothers, sisters, wider family, friends, their friends, work colleagues...

Pretty soon I reckon I could get Autodesk to pay me to upgrade next year!

Peter
Message 6 of 13
Discussion_Admin

It's not being counted correctly at the moment.

It should be the total of ALL kudos in the thread but it is only showing kudos given to the op currently.

Needless to say the first post does not the many kudos normally

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

Message 7 of 13
mcgyvr
in reply to: Discussion_Admin

I LOVE Chrome and all the fun extensions for it..

td.kudosCountColumn.lia-data-cell-secondary.lia-data-cell-integer {
visibility: hidden;
}

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 8 of 13
Discussion_Admin

That's ok if that works for you Smiley Happy  It's designed to help out the newer users trying to find some good solutions prior to posting.

Members like you as your 500 plus Kudos are trestament to are usually giving those answers.

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

Message 9 of 13
mcgyvr

@Discussion_Admin wrote:

That's ok if that works for you Smiley Happy  It's designed to help out the newer users trying to find some good solutions prior to posting.

Members like you as your 500 plus Kudos are trestament to are usually giving those answers.

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

And do new users even know what a kudo is?

Many times a presented solution is great for those of us that know whats going on but means nothing to a new user has no idea what that even is let alone know that Autodesk thinks they should look for a response with the highest kudos count.. 

Personally as an experienced message board user I really look at the # of views as a quick indicator. I also look at a users post count to attempt to judge their levels of competance.. Yet both those features are gone. 

Message 10 of 13
Discussion_Admin

@mcgyvr wrote:

@Discussion_Admin wrote:

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

And do new users even know what a kudo is?

Many times a presented solution is great for those of us that know whats going on but means nothing to a new user has no idea what that even is let alone know that Autodesk thinks they should look for a response with the highest kudos count.. 

Personally as an experienced message board user I really look at the # of views as a quick indicator. I also look at a users post count to attempt to judge their levels of competance.. Yet both those features are gone. 

Most will get it Kudos has been around for a while and it should be helpful especially when using it in conjunction with the new accepted solutions tab.

But to your point nothing is perfect.

Post views just state how many times it's been viewed not how many users looked at it's a lower end indicator at best.

As for any users post count and kudos count along with thier community ranking it can be found by hovering over the user name wherever it is listed.

Thanks again for the insight
Discussion_Admin

Message 11 of 13
IgorMir

And how convenient is that? Before I could just see it. Now I have to hoover over it to have a look. That "improvement" is just in line with Inventor, really. Whatever used to take one click to get done - now it takes two, three and more. Terrific, isn't it?

Cheers,

Igor.

@Discussion_Admin wrote:

As for any users post count and kudos count along with thier community ranking it can be found by hovering over the user name wherever it is listed.

Discussion_Admin

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 12 of 13
WHolzwarth
in reply to: IgorMir

I'd like to see back the view counts for each answer in a thread.

Walter

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 13 of 13
mcgyvr

Discussion_Admin wrote

Most will get it Kudos has been around for a while and it should be helpful especially when using it in conjunction with the new accepted solutions tab.

But to your point nothing is perfect.

Post views just state how many times it's been viewed not how many users looked at it's a lower end indicator at best.

Discussion_Admin

Thanks for the tip on the hovering for the post count.. I would have probably never known.. 

Maybe thats something new users do but I don't just go hovering over everything. 

I just don't understand why it had to be "hidden"? Thats just open space over there now.. Might as well use that space to put up information we can simply glance at.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report