These files eem to behave correctly on my machines with the beta SP1 build, the SP1 build & also a newer internal build.
Perhaps the problem lies within the appearance library that you currently have active in your project. Are you also able to share that adssklib file ?
You seem to have made some changes to the library appearance definitions for the 02_Alu Anodized & Metal-Steel (Knurled) appearances that are cuasing these effects. Looks like you changed the color & also added a reference to a weld bmp file.
Working against my good library, I extracted these appearances corrected them & added them back in to yours & then all seems to work OK again - see attached .adsklib file.
If you temporarily rename your library, then put this in place & rename to InventorMaterialLibrary then use Update from library you should be OK.
BTW - If you're making changes to the libray definitions then I would recommend creating a custom library, adding that to your project definition & then storing changes there instead of modifying the as-shipped Inventor library.
Hope this helps,
Well, that's very magnanimous of you, Chris; since this relates to the new material/appearance library, how about we split it 50-50 ? Ideally, you shouldn’t have been able to make such changes in Inventor without understanding why/what the end results would be…..
Pleased to help.
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone involved in this thread. I am new to Inventor 2013 and have no CAD experience whatsoever and this knurl issue was driving me mad for the last 48 hours until I finally came across this thread. Hats off to you guys.
Type - Knurl <---- Change the type to Custom Image
Amount - 0.80
Scale - 1.40
After changing to custom image, select C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Textures\surfaces\knurl_3.bmp then click the triangle to the right of the image to edit the bitmap settings.
Are you using Vault by chance?
Kirk, no, I don't use vault at all.
I'm not sure I would use vault even if it was installed. I tried it once but I had a lot of problems with it. It may have been my inexperience with it, at the time, but I really couldn't see a need for it. It probably works in a multi-user environment but as I am the only user here it's easier to do without it.
Anytime I need to send models or drawings I simply zip them up. Any changed models or drawings are sent and then overwritten at the other end to save any confusion caused by different versions. So far, this has worked well for me.
No problem. Only reason I ask if you are using vault, is because when I assign the C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Textures\surfaces\knurl_3.bmp as a texture and then check in the file, it wants to check the knurl_3.bmp into vault.
Still trying to figure out the "NEW" materials and appearances.
Kirk, I hear ya re: Materials & Appearances. For something that should be quick and easy Autodesk sure have made it difficult. I think I prefer the 2012 setup rather than this new go round.
I recall that I had an issue with that .bmp file also, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. I think Inventor was complaining about it not being in the project folder, it may have been on an imported part, whatever it was it must have been easy enough to fix because I don't see any errors with it now.
Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.