Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Known error in flat pattern - 2D Sketch Punch Representation

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
L.van.Gorsel
895 Views, 8 Replies

Known error in flat pattern - 2D Sketch Punch Representation

Hello,

I've a problem in Inv 2011 SP2 and 2012 SP1 with 2D Sketch Punch Representation.

See attached file for the explanation of the problem or this Link to animated problem.

I've contacted Autodesk about it, and it is a known problem, but perhaps anybody know a sollution for it?

Kind regards,

Leander van Gorsel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Green check.png  Please mark "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question or "Kudos" if you found it useful
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013, 2014 & 2015 Certified Professional
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi,

I can confirm that there is an issue in Inventor. Meanwhile can you provide me the dataset for further testing. Will try to see whether we could get you a workaround on this.

Will get back to you soon.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 9

Hi Vinod,

Thank you for the reply. I can provide you the dataset, but can I send it to an email address?

Regards,

Leander van Gorsel

Green check.png  Please mark "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question or "Kudos" if you found it useful
Message 4 of 9

This issue has been escalated to Autodesk. Autodesk Support team is currently working with the customer and will keep you all posted as soon as we have some additional information to share.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 5 of 9

is there any fix on this issue?

thanks.

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2019
Message 6 of 9
L.van.Gorsel
in reply to: skyngu

Hi JcNeal,

Unfortunatly not. I've reported this problem on the SP1 Beta site, perhaps after 1,5 year sombody will look at it and solve the problem.

Did you have the same problem with the sheet metal?

Leander.

Message 7 of 9
skyngu
in reply to: L.van.Gorsel

yes, it is on sheet metal.

I got reply from another post thru. please check it out

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Punch-features-sketch-in-derived-part/td-p/2556587

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2019
Message 8 of 9
jletcher
in reply to: L.van.Gorsel

To me it is an issue because lack of checking... This has been known the day they installed simplified sketches to the punch. I reported this way back then and never ever got it fixed.

The best I remember this is what I was told.

When making punch features with simplified sketch all is good but when you derive the part it no longer knows this information it is lost in the derived translation.

A fast work around make 2 parts the same no derive and split for left in one split for right in the other.

And here we are many releases later still an issue..

And you all  want to know why I get upset about a new interface. Well they had time to make an interface but not fix a bug.......

Good luck maybe this time they will fix it................ In release 2020

Message 9 of 9
L.van.Gorsel
in reply to: jletcher

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply!

Just two remarks:

1st: The workaround you described won't do it for me, because the product in which these parts are used in will be changed with a VBA program / Add-in (It's just a kind of ETO but better 😉 So I want to change the basepart and by doing that the depend parts will follow.

2nd: The problem isn't in using the deriving feature, but it is a bit deeper in Inv. The problem is the flipping of the normal of a plane on which the simplified sketch is drawn at. This problem of flipping planes occurs also in other parts of Inv. I've reported this in several ways, but it seems to be a bit to hard to fix...?

Regards, Leander.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report