Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keyboard shortcuts for ViewCube

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
lorisdido
6619 Views, 13 Replies

keyboard shortcuts for ViewCube

Hi,
I'd like to know if there are shortcuts for select views of the ViewCube.
For example if I press alt+t I see the top view. This for all views of the cube.
I also use Blender3d, it has shortcuts for views and it's very useful.
I searched in the forum but there's nothing like it.
thanks.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Cadmanto
in reply to: lorisdido

If you go to the Tools tab and select the "Customize" button

custom.JPG

Here you will find the views.  You can place whatever shortcut key stroke suits your fancy.  Smiley Happy

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 14
lorisdido
in reply to: Cadmanto

Thanks for the answer.
It partially works. In this menu i can find only front, right and top view. And the other views? from left,rear and bottom?
Message 4 of 14
Cadmanto

Yeah, I'm not seeing those either other then the basic views.  I see "Next View" and "Previous View", but those aren't really helpful.

The only other thing I can suggest would be to create an ilogic routine that does this.

If you don't mind me asking, why is the cube less handy then shortcut keys?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 14
lorisdido

because it is more convenient to use the shortcuts, you don't lose the focus on the 3d model and it's faster.

I don't know well iLogic, you would have any suggestions? maybe even some tutorials.
thank you again.

Message 6 of 14
BarryZA

Get a space pilot, not the cheap one like I have, but the one with lots of buttons. As I understand it, under your thumb are a set of buttons for face views.

Message 7 of 14
mcgyvr
in reply to: BarryZA

^^ I second, third, and fourth the 3d controller like a space pilot/navigator,etc..

BEST CAD TOOL EVER.. It will greatly increase your speed (takes a few days of good work to get used to it then you will model faster than ever before).

I literally can't use Inventor without one. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 8 of 14
Cadmanto
in reply to: mcgyvr

I'm with ya on the space pilot!!!  I saw one in a trade show that was on sale.  I should have bought it.

To this point I have not had a company that would pay for one.  I know some here where I work now have them.  I will definately look into this.

I do like you said know they speed up modeling.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 9 of 14
lorisdido

I know space pilot but it's not a solution. Smiley Happy

I found that AutoCAD can assign shortcut for macros, Inventor can do the same?

Message 10 of 14
mcgyvr

Workaround... (should work)

I'm not sure if this is from the space navigator software or it might be from the HSM express CAM addin but there are functions in the "addin" list for all the different sides of the view cube..

So you can try to install HSM express (its free) and see if they show up then you can assign hot keys to them or if HSM express doesn't work install the software for a space navigator and see if thats where they came from..

See attached image.. All the "tool left", "tool right" ,etc.. will change the viewcube.

and if you don't use hsm express then just don't use it but the functions will be there..

Frankly I have NO idea why Autodesk didn't include commands for each one.. That just seems "STUPID" to me..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 11 of 14
lorisdido
in reply to: mcgyvr

I agree with you.

Anyway your answer can solve my probem in CAM environment.

thank you Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 14
tom.marlow

Vectorworks does this well.

Essentially it uses the map of the 'num key pad', with 5 being plan view. ALl the other keys around the 5 key are the various views, i.e. 4 west elevation, 2 front elevation etc. the diagonal keys (1, 3, 7 & 9) drops the model in to 3d axonometric view from their location on the keypad towards the 5 key.

Revit is good, but once something has been modelled we need to check it over in a number of views to verify it and see how it looks, please implement this in your next update, I will migrate to Revit 100% if you do!!! At the moment Vectorworks is still a trusty friend..

Message 13 of 14
jsmathey

@Cadmanto wrote:

The only other thing I can suggest would be to create an ilogic routine that does this.

Cadmanto,

Since you know iLogic, can you please write an ilogic routine for all of us that does the remaining views from numbered shortcut keys?  For example, 4 should be left, 8 should be back, 0 should be bottom.  That would be super helpful!  I tried programming some keys but arcright didn't give me left.  It turned out that the answer to arcright = wrong.

Message 14 of 14
Cadmanto
in reply to: jsmathey

No, sorry, I do not know ilogic. I have tampered with it a little enough to take others routines and tweek them enough to get them to do what I need, but to create one from scratch is not something I have the knowledge to do.

Maybe if you do some web surfing and find some websites that offer ilogic routines (which I know there are some) you can do what I do and take one that is close and tweek them to your needs.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report