Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep styles in "sync" between drawings

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
DRoam
292 Views, 3 Replies

Keep styles in "sync" between drawings

What's the best way to ensure that all the drawings for my project are updated if I make changes to the Style settings on one of them? I've been putting every sheet into a single drawing file, but now I'm up to about 50 sheets and it takes about 40 seconds for each save, even if I only made a single minor change since the last save. I don't have any iLogic that could be causing this.

So I'd like to split the sheets up into multiple.dwgs, but I want changes I make my Styles to be reflected in all drawings. Can I create an "external" stye file that all drawings pull their style from? Or will I have to export/import to each drawing every time I make a change?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Cadmanto
in reply to: DRoam

You should setup your styles the way you want them and save the settings within a template.  Then each time you create a new drawing use this/these template(s) and those settings will come along for the ride.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 4
DRoam
in reply to: Cadmanto

Thanks for the reply, Cadmanto.  This is my current  workflow; however, I'm not perfect so my styles aren't set up just perfect. Every now and then I come across something I want to change in it. I was hoping there was a way to have "External" styles like we have "external" iLogic rules, so that my changes will be reflected in each drawing without me having to update each one manually.

Message 4 of 4
Cadmanto
in reply to: DRoam

So, basically you are looking to grandfather in the changes you make as you go.

If you do want to do this short of creating an iLogic rule to implement them, you could have the updated template open and then copy/paste/replace the updated TB or border into the old format.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report