Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep drawing view aligned to workplane

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
djreesing
930 Views, 2 Replies

Keep drawing view aligned to workplane

Hi,

I have some models which are based on skeleton modeling and where the actual parts are modeled at the position where they are in the assembly. When the skeleton part is changed the parts will update and their orientation related to the origin planes can change. This is where the problem lies, on the drawings of these parts the views are all skewed after an update.

Is it somehow possible to tell Inventor that all views on a a drawing should stay alligned to a workplane? Or is there some other solution to this problem?

Because it are all parts and no assemblies I cannot use posreps (and I don't want to use dummy assemblies). I also tried setting a specific edge to be horizontal with the rotate command in the drawing. This works for the base view, but all projected views will still be skewed after an update.

Hope someone has a solution.

Best regards,

Daniël Reesing

IV Pro 2013

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
KentKeller
in reply to: djreesing

I have never found a solution. IMO this is the biggest detriment to skeletal modeling.

Kent Keller
KWiKMcad

Message 3 of 3
djreesing
in reply to: KentKeller

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report