Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K Factor Calculator

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
bill.costello
4067 Views, 13 Replies

K Factor Calculator

Hi all,
I don't know if anyone is interested but I've just picked up a FREE K Factor calculator.
Very simply if you know the RAD, plus allowance for a 90 degree bend, and material thickness it calculates the K Factor for you.
Great little tool, I have been told I can give it away, anyone interested let me know and I'll post it.

regards

Bill
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: bill.costello

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. [Mutley style] (^__^) Can you put it in Inv. C-F Duncan "bill.costello" wrote in message news:18413713.1090421395434.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hi all, > I don't know if anyone is interested but I've just picked up a FREE K Factor calculator. > Very simply if you know the RAD, plus allowance for a 90 degree bend, and material thickness it calculates the K Factor for you. > Great little tool, I have been told I can give it away, anyone interested let me know and I'll post it. > > regards > > Bill
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous

I would like one please.
Message 4 of 14

It's only 6k in size zipped, so I'll attach it here, can I get some feedback if it was useful. I'd like to report back to the guy who wrote it for me.

regards

Bill
Message 5 of 14

I've just had a call from the guy who wrote it and he informs me that there are two distinct K Factor types, lets call them European and American to differentiate. For example the calculator I have posted is for use with AutoPOL, and European systems, however do not worry. The explanation is as follows. If in theory the neutral line passes through the centre of the material, the K Factor required by Inventor would be .5, for AutoPOL it would be 1. This calculator is based on AutoPOL, as this is how I unfold. The value would therefore need dividing by two.

regards

Bill
Message 6 of 14

In reply to some feedback here is a new version with more decimal places and the two different K factors for different systems.
Let me know what you think

regards

Bill
Message 7 of 14

Doh

forgot to attach the file, you know when you have pressed the button and forgot, sorry here it is.

regards

Bill
Message 8 of 14
wjordan2

send me a copy of the k-factor calculator

Message 9 of 14
blair

Here's two different versions.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 10 of 14
Slambog
in reply to: blair

I tryed the "CalculateKfac.exe" but got the following error shown in the screeny any ideas?

Inventor 2011 Pro
Lenovo
XP64 Bit
12GB Ram
Nivida Quadro FX 3800
Nividia Drivers 259.81
Message 11 of 14
blair

I'm thinking 64 bit O/S might be a problem.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 12 of 14
Slambog

Makes sense.

Inventor 2011 Pro
Lenovo
XP64 Bit
12GB Ram
Nivida Quadro FX 3800
Nividia Drivers 259.81
Message 13 of 14
rjwilliams

I would love to have it.

Message 14 of 14
blair
in reply to: rjwilliams

RMB click on the executable *.exe and bring up the properties of the program. Then select "Compatibility", then select "Rub this program in compatibility mode for:" and select Windows XP (Service Pack 3).

Give that a try.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report