Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just wondering - Certification Exam

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
CelticDesignServices
2973 Views, 6 Replies

Just wondering - Certification Exam

OK, I'm thinking about finally taking the Inventor Certified Professional exam at AU.

Just curious though, are the questions posted at random or are they the same for each test taker?

If one was to get a failing score and then retake the test, could they basically study to the questions they got during the first go-around?

I would think/hope the questions posed would be random as opposed to all being the same set for each taker.

Does anyone know? Has anyone taken it, failed, taken it again and had the very same questions?

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

@CelticDesignServices wrote:
 Has anyone taken it, failed, taken it again and had the very same questions?

Failed?

Three people sitting next to each other would get slightly different tests.  The problems would cover the same competencies, but the numbers would be different.  The problems themselves might be slightly different.

When you retake the exam - you will not get the same test, but it will be very very similar.  So the first attempt for you will be good practice.  Normally you have to wait 30-days to retake.  I am not sure if they enforce this rule at AU.

Make sure you can do Position Reps and View Reps.

Make sure you can manipulate Hole tables in drawings.

Make sure you can do Sheet Metal.

Make sure you can do curve driven pattern.

A list of competencies here-

Create an account here

https://autodesk.starttest.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: JDMather

the test questions will be random each time you take it

it does give you a report after taking whether you pass or fail what sections of the test you need to work on

It does not give you an overview of what questions you missed at least i don't think it does

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 7

Thanks guys!

That's kinda what I figured/hoped.

I feel if one fails the test, they shouldn't get the very same test again.

Glad to see the test questions are randomized as they should be.

New EE Logo.PNG

Jim

Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Message 5 of 7

I forgot to ask what might seem like a silly question but....

I've read that one of the bigger issues with the test taking is having to switch back and forth between the test screen and the application, do they offer dual monitors at AU? I figure, that would eliminate that issue.

No biggie if not, a simple alt-tab keystroke to go with the ctrl-c & ctrl-v....;)

New EE Logo.PNG

Jim

Message 6 of 7

I haven't seen them in a couple years, but I used to test the exams. Admittedly at this point they all kind of blend together in my memory, but i've taken tests on AutoCAD, 3ds max, Inventor, and Revit. Passed them as well 🙂

Be warned, there is usually an arbitary question or two. I'd see things like 'what's the name of the dialog box that does this?'  And my response would be who cares? Shouldn't matter that I know the name of the dialog box, it should matter I know where to find it and use it.

We'd always leave feedback on the question, we just never knew whether or not they took the suggestions 🙂

I always thought the associate one was harder than the professional one. Associate was the multiple choice test where you don't have access to the program and the professional half was the 'pull up the program and do this and put the answer here' test. That half was always pretty easy in my book. The multiple choice ones had a lot of what seemed to be pretty pointless questions as far as being a top level user is concerned.

Message 7 of 7

There were NOT dual monitors at AU last year.  (one large monitor)

The line usually starts early.

I think it starts to fade later in the day.

Go on Monday if they open it up on Monday.

Get used to Alt Tab.

Get used to Alt Tab

Did I mention, get used to Alt Tab.

Here is another tip:

There is usually one question that is "easy" but will take 30-minutes to solve.  Pass by it and return to it only after you have finished the rest.

Don't panic if you can't answer the first question.

Don't panic if the practice questions are AutoCAD questions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report