Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

joint animation

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
michael_marx
1657 Views, 5 Replies

joint animation

Is there a way to switch off the animation when creating joints in the assembly environment.

Maybe a reg key or somekthing.

Michael

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
herzogh
in reply to: michael_marx

Hi Michael,

Only the joint type animation may be disabled. The animation I believe you're referring to is when the first selected component moves into place. When we tested Joints we found slapping the component into place disoriented users.This took special work and was intended to help users understand the orientation which is similar rational of transitioning the camera when selecting the viewcube. What I'd really like to understand is:

• Are there cases (large assemblies) where this is causing a delay in work.
  • Is the timing just a bit too long
  • Do you just find it annoying and need a way to disable it.

Since we did special work to support this I'd really like to make sure I get to the root of the issue.

Thank you

Hans Herzog

DLS-UX  

“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”Hans Herzog
Autodesk PDMS
Senior Manager, Experience Design
Message 3 of 6
michael_marx
in reply to: herzogh

Hi Hans,

for new users it´s very helpful feature. But i f you work with Inventor several years you should know what you are doing and this animation in placement isn´t useful anymore. I know you can klick ok and the animation is over but intuitiv every user look this little animation till the end and then click ok. So you waste time with looking animations. 🙂

Helpful would be a slider for the time which is needed for the animation. Similar to camera transition! With option 0 sec.

Michael 

Message 4 of 6
Arnold82
in reply to: michael_marx

Sorry for opening an old topic. I just recently started working with 2014 and googled for a way to turn  off joints and got here.

I think the animation of joints is the modern equivalent of the constraint beep: both help a confused beginner

But everyone turns off the beep on the first day of the inventor training...

I want to turn off animations in the application options as well, just below the constraint beep checkbox.

Reason: It slows me down and makes me dizzy. The same reason why websites dont have animations and sounds with every button pressed.

I like the rigid option for placing bolts and nuts, because the constraint - Insert method lacks an option to also fix angle.

Unfortunately Joints do not have an option to 'predict offsete and orientation'.

Also when i add a bolt to my assembly, select the edge on the bolt, then go to the hole I want to insert it, the offset needs to be a negative value.

Also this value disappears and i have to type in the value again and again...

Since I'm using skeleton modelling/mastersketch/topdown modelling, I often only need to constrain content center parts such as bolts and nuts.

I am really looking forward to a 'two-click' constrain method for bolts and nuts without any extra's (like animations). Joints almost hit the mark... Unfortunately it's focussed too much on beginners.

Message 5 of 6
herzogh
in reply to: Arnold82

Hi Arnold,

In 2015 an option is provided in Joints to disable the animation so we listened Smiley Happy. We also provided several improvements around Joint origins. We support placing orgins between faces and adding x/y offsets to origins. This allows more placement flexibilty lacking in 2014.

Thanks for your continued support and feedback

--Hans Herzog

Principle UX

DLS

“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”Hans Herzog
Autodesk PDMS
Senior Manager, Experience Design
Message 6 of 6
Arnold82
in reply to: herzogh

Good to hear. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report