Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joint Angular Limits

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
mark.mmlj
1703 Views, 23 Replies

Joint Angular Limits

I keep loosing my angular limits in my assemblies.  I'll set them and have everything working the way I want then when I return to the assembly at a later date the limits are gone and I have to reset them.  I've resorted to creating notes attached to the joints with the limits recorded so I don't forget what I set them to...'cause I know they'll vanish and I'll have to reset them.  It just seems to be the angular limits that are effected.  Linear limits are OK and don't get lost.

What's the remedy?

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24

Thanks for your reply Johnson,

I've done as you suggested and its behaving itself much better now! Thanks heaps for your time,

Jono

Message 22 of 24
r-nelson
in reply to: johnsonshiue

No solution in v2017 as of today.  Did that team move on to new vapor?  Functioning joints and constraints are pretty basic to using Inventor.  Letting this bug run for years is not helping your fan base.  Maybe dev team could spend their weekends chasing bad constraints in an assembly with a few thousand parts only to learn that Joints are buggy.  Thanks.

Message 23 of 24
r-nelson
in reply to: johnsonshiue

No solution in v2017 as of today.  Did that team move on to new vapor?  Functioning joints and constraints are pretty basic to using Inventor.  Letting this bug run for years is not helping your fan base.  Maybe dev team could spend their weekends chasing bad constraints in an assembly with a few thousand parts only to learn that Joints are buggy.  Thanks.

Tags (1)
Message 24 of 24
johnsonshiue
in reply to: r-nelson

Hi Richard,

Do you mind elaborating your issue? I am more than happy to take a look anytime I am awake. Please feel free to share the files here (zipped) or send them to me. Your comments are not actionable yet.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report