Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jogged leaders for large radial dimensions

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Roger_Block
2325 Views, 11 Replies

Jogged leaders for large radial dimensions

Can the part without the arrow head of a jogged radial dimension be modified? The standard jogged radial dimension comes in with something that looks like the letter "Z" towards the center of the radius. Is there a fix to rotate this "Z" looking thing 90 degrees counterclockwise and add a line to the end?
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
admaiora
in reply to: Roger_Block

Sorry baga,

to my knowledge there is not a setting to do what you want.

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 12
Cadmanto

What you are describing is what is called a foreshortened dimension whether it be a linear dimension or radius.  FS.JPG

The size is based on the text and leader arrow size.  As far as rotating them, I do not know of a way either.  Unless possible through iLogic.

If you are looking to shrink them, you can make these types of change in the styles manager by creating new text and leader styles.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

how can you show the centermark on Inventor ?? can't find a way 

Message 5 of 12
EScales
in reply to: Anonymous

Use the centermark feature and select the arc as shown below.  It comes in with extension lines by default.  If you only want the centermark and no extension lines, right-click on the mark and uncheck extension lines.

Center Mark.PNG

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: EScales

I know how to make a normal center mark.. my question was how can I show the center mark of a jogged dimensions, like on this picture. I haven't found any ways to do it yet

CENTERMARK.png

Message 7 of 12
EScales

Well, I can't seem to figure out a way to get the center mark that you want either.  I don't see any options for the jogged dimension that control this.

Message 8 of 12
SBix26

The only way is a workaround.  I've had this on various wishlists over the past thirteen years, but I guess I gave up and never put it on the Inventor IdeaStation.

The workaround that I have used is to create a very tiny solid feature at the center of the radius, then create a broken view.  Inventor will not allow you to create a broken view outside of solid geometry, so you have to create some.  Linear dimesions to the center mark will show correctly as in your graphic, but the radius will not jog correctly as shown in the ASME standard.  Better than nothing, but not very good, either.

Sam B

Inventor Professional 2015 SP1 Update 3
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
HP EliteBook 8770w; 8 GB RAM; Core™ i7-3720QM 2.60 GHz; Quadro K4000M

Message 9 of 12
Manuelcamposcosta

Is there any improvement on this? I need to do this some times

Manuel Campos Costa
Message 10 of 12
SBix26
in reply to: Manuelcamposcosta

@Manuelcamposcosta wrote:

Is there any improvement on this?

No.

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2021.2 | Windows 10 Home 2004
LinkedIn

Message 11 of 12
isaacgDCMT2

Dangit, got a long curving part, the radius center is about 5" above the top of the sheet.  Seems so easy to allow breaks on dimensions, it already works when there is a part there.

Message 12 of 12
johnsonshiue

Hi! I need to rewrite my reply to avoid confusion. It is true that the ability to create a foreshortened radial dimension with foreshortened center is not yet available. However, creating a "jogged" radial dimension has been supported for years. You need to edit the dimension style -> Options -> Radial Dimension -> Jogged Leader.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report