Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jagged Line in Inventor 2015

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Jimingzhang
1128 Views, 4 Replies

Jagged Line in Inventor 2015

I just upgraded to Inventor 2015. There is jagged line if the line is not verticle or straight. Please see the attachement for detail.

My graphic card is Nvidia Quadro K4000, the driver is "Quadro Desktop/Quadro Notebook Driver Release 343".

Dose anyone has idea how to get rid of the jagged line?

I didn't have this problem when I used Inventor 2014.

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
chrisjuk12
in reply to: Jimingzhang

Hi,

This is called aliasing. Try chaging the display and hardware setings in Application options.

Also, Who upgraded your software? If it was installed without following the holy trinity guide (disabled anti virus, minimum user account controls and run as administrator) then it is possible that there was a problem with your install.

Regards,

Chris

Message 3 of 5
Logos_Atum
in reply to: chrisjuk12

Definitely looks like a graphics setting issue- the AA is bad throughout the document.

I´ve seen this in unfiltered software renderers, but it´s been wuite some time.

Settings for "performance" or "quality" in Inventor usually have a big impact on the dis-

play quality. Also have a look for "compatibility mode"- if it´s on, change the setting. Your

card is well supported by the software.

Perhaps even overriding the AA settings in the driver for all applications could sort this out.

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 4 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: Logos_Atum

I had the same problem in 2015..

Try this first..

Go to.. tools..application options...hardware tab.

Select the "quality" check box" and select "software graphics" then restart Inventor. Is it better?

If so then uncheck software graphics and restart Inventor.. Is it better?

If not you can try to run this tool.. extract it first.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9726802/Autodesk/InventorReset_v1.1.zip

then try the above steps again and see if that fixes it. 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/inv-2015-anti-aliasing-regression/td-p/497...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 5
Jimingzhang
in reply to: mcgyvr

Yes! I set up the application options to "quality" and select "software graphics". It looks much better! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report