Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IV9-dimensioning question

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
91 Views, 4 Replies

IV9-dimensioning question

We upgraded to IV9 in mid-December from IV7. In 7 we had 6 dimension styles (0 decimal places-2 decimal places & 0 places w/alternate units-2 places w/alt units). When dimensioning I would choose one of the styles and place some dimensions. Then end the dimension command and do other things. When going back to dimensioning the system always defaulted to the last style that I was using. Now in IV9 I see it always reverts back to the default setting irregardless of the style I last used. Is this the way it is supposed to act? Is there a way to change it so it works like it did in 7? I know I can probably set up 6 new styles, one for each set of dimensions, but that still leaves me needing to change the style each time I start the dimension command. I am just trying to reduce the number of mouse clicks that are required to get the job done. As always, any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thom
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I believe this is a "styles" side-effect. You can set the object defaults as shown.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks for the reply Russ. I have already set the defaults in the style manager. My question was regaurding the behavior of Inventor always reverting back to the default setting instead of remembering the last used setting. Is there a way to get Inventor to remember this (as it did in IV7)? Or is this just the way it will always be in the future? Anyone from AD care to respond to this? I know it is probably a small thing, I was just curious so I figured I would ask. "Russ Walker" wrote in message news:24479289.1105049583522.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I believe this is a "styles" side-effect. You can set the object defaults as shown.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Short answer is no. When you exit the dimension command and start it again, it will revert back to the dimension style assigned in the object defaults unless you explicitly set prior to picking your geometry. Yes, this was a "side-effect" of the styles project. -- Andrew Faix Product Designer - Inventor Drawing Manager autodesk "Thom Rock" wrote in message news:41de9071$1_3@newsprd01... > Thanks for the reply Russ. I have already set the defaults in the style > manager. My question was regaurding the behavior of Inventor always > reverting back to the default setting instead of remembering the last used > setting. Is there a way to get Inventor to remember this (as it did in > IV7)? Or is this just the way it will always be in the future? > > Anyone from AD care to respond to this? I know it is probably a small > thing, I was just curious so I figured I would ask. > > > "Russ Walker" wrote in message > news:24479289.1105049583522.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > I believe this is a "styles" side-effect. You can set the object defaults > as shown. > >
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

You are not alone. I also continually rotate thru three different dimension styles. I am fustrated with it always returning to the default style. A minor inconvienience ? Yes. But after a couple hundred dimension placements I start to think I should have stayed With IV8.

Ken Mozden - Tool Design
H-P Products Inc. Louisville, Oh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report