Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IV8 and the Vault

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
107 Views, 2 Replies

IV8 and the Vault

I get no response in the Vault newsgroup. Perhaps someone here can help. When I try to access the Vault Explorer from the Vault pulldown menu in IV I get the attached error. Any thoughts on why this doesn't work? -- David Russell QED, Inc.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Dave I presume you have installed both the Client and the Server? I found this from Ryan Small in the Vault NG. Maybe it will help? I had a similar case (Windows 2000 - Vault Server, Windows XP - Vault Clients) where we couldn't login to the Vault until the client username and passwords where added to the Vault Server machine. The only difference was that we had a remote file store. I can't remember for sure but I *think* me *may* have had to add the Vault Server username/password to the client systems also. -Ryan -- Kent "David Russell" wrote in message news:3fe08f24_1@statler... > I get no response in the Vault newsgroup. Perhaps someone here can help. > When I try to access the Vault Explorer from the Vault pulldown menu in IV I > get the attached error. Any thoughts on why this doesn't work? > > -- > David Russell > QED, Inc. > > >
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, upgrade to Vault 1.3 on both client and server. I can access Vault but not Vault Explorer thru the pulldown. I have to go to the desktop and use the Vault Explorer shortcut. -- David Russell QED, Inc. "Kent Keller" wrote in message news:3fe09212$1_5@statler... > Hi Dave > > I presume you have installed both the Client and the Server? > > I found this from Ryan Small in the Vault NG. Maybe it will help? > > I had a similar case (Windows 2000 - Vault Server, Windows XP - Vault Clients) where we > couldn't login to the Vault until the client username and passwords where added to the > Vault Server machine. The only difference was that we had a remote file store. I can't > remember for sure but I *think* me *may* have had to add the Vault Server > username/password to the client systems also. > -Ryan > > > -- > Kent > > > "David Russell" wrote in message news:3fe08f24_1@statler... > > I get no response in the Vault newsgroup. Perhaps someone here can help. > > When I try to access the Vault Explorer from the Vault pulldown menu in IV I > > get the attached error. Any thoughts on why this doesn't work? > > > > -- > > David Russell > > QED, Inc. > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report