Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IV2014 - Behavior Change When Editing Part Inside of an Assembly.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
hfds006
197 Views, 5 Replies

IV2014 - Behavior Change When Editing Part Inside of an Assembly.

Typically when editing a part inside an assembly the others parts in the assembly would be ghosted or greyed out.

Starting yesterday when I edit a part in an assembly the appearance of the other parts doesn't change.

Is there a setting that controls this that I might have changed unintentionally?

I've restarted Inventor since this started and others in the office don't see this behavior, even with the same assembly file.

Also, it doesn't affacet my ability to edit parts, just the appearance.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Richard in Houston

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
wimann
in reply to: hfds006

Hi Richard,

Application Options/Assembly/Component Opacity - Active Only

opacity.JPG

if that doesn't do it then I'm not sure what will.

Hope this helps.

-Will in Houston 

-Will Mann

Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2020
Message 3 of 6
CCarreiras

HI!

Yes, you can toggle between the transparency on and off.

You can change that behavior in here...

Clipboard02.png

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
hfds006
in reply to: wimann

Thanks Will,

That did the trick. Strange because I don't remember even opening Application Options at anytime in the recnet past.

Message 5 of 6
hfds006
in reply to: CCarreiras

Thanks Carlos, that is at least something I could have accidentally changed without realizing it.
Message 6 of 6
wimann

Richard,

I'm not fully certain of this theory yet, but I think I'm found a pattern. Does your company use network-based licenses? Do you ever have trouble obtaining a license from your server because all the licenses are being used?

I could be completely off base for your particular scenario but I've started to see a pattern between being unable to obtain a license from my company server (where inventor tries to start, says it can't obtain a license, then shuts back down) and the application options resetting to their default options.

I have tweaked the application options over the past couple of years to be just to my liking as well as added several custom shortcuts. It's a real pain when it resets. So much so that I went ahead and have my app options and customization options exported for such occasions. However, my network admins have taken measures to ensure that my department always has access to a license and so I haven't been able to further test my theory.

Just a shot in the dark.

-Will Mann

Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2020

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report