Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IV2014 and Autodesk 360

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tahdesign1
268 Views, 4 Replies

IV2014 and Autodesk 360

I sat in a small focus group last year at AU where they were trying to see just who would use cloud based things like Autodesk 360. Myself and at least one of individual (out out only probably 8 total) stated that in no way would our companys allow the use of any cloud based communications connected to our design software.

So now I am in the process of preparing to upgrade to 2014 based products but I do not see a way to NOT have 360 install with it. It does exist as an individual software that can be Uninstalled afterwards. So does this mean that I will have to let this install as part of my deployment and then go back to uninstall it? Seems they they would have given a selection somewhere to allow for not having this since I am sure many others out there (DOD contractors, etc) also can not have the software talking to the cloud.

Don't get me wrong. I like and do use the 360 site for setting up shared folders for passing information back and forth with vendors. However it is strictly controlled by myself and the individuals I assign permission to use them. I just can not have that type of communication as part of my design software deployment to the masses.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: tahdesign1

you have to edit the setup.ini

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2013-2014-DWG-Format/How-To-Install-AutoCAD-2014-WITHOUT-Autod... this applies to all suites and products not just Autocad

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
tahdesign1
in reply to: DarrenP

OK so I have to do this for each "flavor" of deployment I develop. The linked thread seems to be mostly talking about AutoCAD but I assume this ini edit takes care of all the softwares.

Message 4 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: tahdesign1

yes this applies to all  2014 suites and products that come with Autodesk 360

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
tahdesign1
in reply to: DarrenP

OK thanks.

So I did some looking through the setup.ini file to see what the thread you had pointed me to was referring to.

It states to remove the ADSYNC argument from the statements that start with POSTREQUISITE but it only shows the one example like it only appears once.

However in searching the ini for Product Design Premium I find thic combination in four areas of the softwares being installed.

Inventor

Showcase

ACM

Acade

I would assume that the ADSYNC should be removed from all the cases to totally keep it out.

Also there is a section in the ini that defines ADSYNC as Autodesk Cloud Sync. Within that section there is a statement that say Action=Install. I am wonder if there is a proper arguement to that action statement that would just cover Not Installing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report