Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IV2013 SP2 - Error when trying to Restore oldversion to Current Version

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
RobSinglehurst
281 Views, 2 Replies

IV2013 SP2 - Error when trying to Restore oldversion to Current Version

I must have done a Save Copy As on an iam a while back but forgot to open the copy, carried on working on the original and saving the changes. I always keep "oldversion" files and so thought I'd just find where it went wrong and restore the oldversion to the current version. I can open the oldversion iam fine but if I try to restore it I get the following error,

OldversionRestoreError.jpg

I have overcome this in the end by doing a Save Copy As on the oldversion iam to my working directory. I don't have Vault or anything and am just a single user but have never had the above error before.

What would cause the above error though when the oldversion file opens fine?

Cheers,
--Rob
Inventor 2024.2
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Rob,

This kind of corruption usually happens during a failed save of the file.

Here is post by a colleague the goes into more detail on how Inventor handles IO.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Inventor-project-file-keeps-switching-to-default/td-p...

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 3 of 3

Thanks Bob,

Like I said I have overcome it by doing a Save Copy As of the oldversion file and I stripped off the version number from the end of the file name.  I had already renamed the original file (ie non oldversion) in case there was an issue with that file already being there when the oldversion was restored.

Cheers,
--Rob
Inventor 2024.2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report