Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iv2012 'Not Responding'

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
294 Views, 1 Reply

Iv2012 'Not Responding'

We just upgraded our computers going to Windows 7 and Inventor Pro 2012, but we are experiencing a problem. Reguardless of file size frequently Inventor will stop and at the top of the screen we get a message 'Invenotr Not Responding'. It will take antwhere from 30 seconds to several minutes before we can continue. This problem is becomming more frequently. We have tried unistalling and reinstalling but the same thing. The computers we upgraded to are Lenovo ThinkStation D20, Windows 7, 32 GB RAM, Intel Xeon E5606 2.13 GHz processor and Nvidia Quadro 5000 video cards with 2.5 GB of memory. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so how do you fix it?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
IS200
in reply to: Anonymous

We have the same problem too. High-end PC's with latest video drivers and a bucket full of RAM, latest service packs, but still waiting, waiting, waiting... for the simplest of actions.

Even sometimes when I sketch a single line, then hit undo I am waiting for 20-30 seconds.

What has gone wrong with this release of Inventor?

I have been using this software since release 9 (not 2009) and this is by far the slowest, buggiest version I have experienced.

I honestly think we would be better of going back to 2010 release, which I believe was the most stable for years, but we are stuck here now because all our data has been migrated to 2012.

I also have a problem where the Inventor window itself stops responding even though the task manager says all is normal and all I can do is kill the process in Task Manager and lose my work.

I have lodged a forum post and have had no fix for this.

C'mon Autodesk, how's about spending our subscription fees on actually maknig the software better instead of adding more eye-candy to each release?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report