Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IV2011 Color to IV2013 Appearance Help

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jeanchile
492 Views, 5 Replies

IV2011 Color to IV2013 Appearance Help

So after a recent upgrade and a material/color migration process that followed the steps in this document here we are completely confused how our color styles didn't migrate to appearances. As it has been for others, this has been a very frustrating process for us and the document I linked couldn't be more confusing to someone who has no experience with this.

That being said, it appears that some of our materials have made it over and none of our appearances have made it. For example we have a Woven Wire Mesh material and color that has been used on a number of projects and is supposed to look like this:

121217-E1000 Graphic.jpg

The material comes into the documents correctly (it is listed in the QAT as the right material anyway) but the appearance is set to "Steel" not the Woven Wire Mesh IV color from 2011 or it comes in as a solid beige color not the transparent WWM beige one.

Can someone please explain to me how to get this to work? I have a back up of the library from 2011, the "realistic" appearance was de-selected like the document states, what are we missing?

Thank You!

Inventor Professional
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jeanchile
in reply to: jeanchile

Just curious... could this have something to do with it?

WWM Error 1.png

I can browse to the file but why wouldn't this have come over automatically? Should I just go copy all of our surface pictures over to the surfaces folder in 2013?

Inventor Professional
Message 3 of 6
jeanchile

Has no one else had this issue before? I guess if I don't hear from someone educated about this process by the end of the day I am going to just try and copy these Bitmaps over and see what happens. I'll report back.

Inventor Professional
Message 4 of 6
blair

Sounds like you had custom Materials/Appearances in your IV2011 library and didn't migrate the Material Library.

This might help: http://inventor-tales.blogspot.in/2012/05/migrating-colors-and-materials-into.html

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 6
jeanchile
in reply to: blair

@Blair wrote:

Sounds like you...didn't migrate the Material Library.

Actually we did. That's the reason for the post. We followed the Autodesk document I linked in my OP to the letter. That's the issue we're having, we did it just like we were told and we're having issues and can't figure it out. When I get in to the office tomorrow I am going to try to just copy the bitmaps over that should have migrated and see if that fixes it.

I hope it does because I need to issue drawings tomorrow.

Inventor Professional
Message 6 of 6
jeanchile

@jeanchile wrote:

.... I am going to just try and copy these Bitmaps over and see what happens. I'll report back.

Okay so after copying the bitmap files over to the surfaces folder in IV2013 it seems to have worked. I haven't tested every one of our appearances yet but the two I tried worked fine.

I'm not sure why these files wouldn't get copied over as part of the migration process though. It certainly wasn't mentioned in the documentation anywhere.

Inventor Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report