Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IV2008SP2 Insert Object - Resize issue

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ivar.mo
194 Views, 2 Replies

IV2008SP2 Insert Object - Resize issue

Help!!

I want to insert a MatchCAD calculation into an IDW. By using Insert - Object, selecting "Create from file", "Link" etc. I get the file I want into my IDW. So far so good... BUT!! When I edit the MathCad content - adding text lines etc., the object "border" does not expand to allow me to display the extent of the complete calculation. If I try to stretch the windows/object border, Inventor only scales the same "cutout" of the content, not expanding the window to show the full content of the inserted object.
I have the same issue with all object types I have tried; Word, Excel and MathCAD. I only see the upper left corner of the inserted object, and never the correct, full content..
Any tips/hints anyone?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: ivar.mo

Hi noaibmo,

I'm not very familiar with MathCAD, so I can't speak for that.
However, there is an existing issue using Excel and Word files. As you have
already found, if you edit the document, IV is not automatically updating
with the changes. The work around for this is to open the document for edit
by right clicking it under '3rd Party' in the browser and selecting Edit or
by double clicking on it in the sheet, then closing the document. There is
no need to resave unless you are prompted.

Thank You,
Tanya Garner
Inventor QA
Message 3 of 3
ivar.mo
in reply to: ivar.mo

I am sorry, but I can not get your approach to work - not for MathCAD, nor for Excel or Word. The only workaround that works for me is to edit the document - Edit - Select All - Copy - return to IV - Paste Special - Link etc.
The trouble with this approach is that IV does not like this "link" the next time I open the document, and I am not sure the inserted document in IV is reflecting changes done to the source document...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report